Sunday, April 27, 2008




Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle (meek) and lowly (humble) in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

I love these verses. . . I was meditating on them today as I talked with my sister. I love Jesus ways . . . Here He is saying, "if you are weary, and your heart is burdened, take My yoke upon you because I am gentle and lowly and you will find rest for your souls."

It strikes me that if you embrace humility and gentleness, it will take all strife from your hearts. Here is a key to rest . . . His yoke is the yoke of meekness. We can get so worried about what people think of us and try so hard to make sure we find acceptance that we fail to get under the yoke of meekness. This yoke looks like this: When all is said and done, all that really matters is that I'm right and pleasing in God's eyes. If we want greatness in His eyes, it takes putting on His yoke of meekness and being a servant of all in this life as He was.

Lord I pray that I will live my life not for myself but before your eyes... Your kingdom come and Your will be done in my life . . .
I pray that we will embrace this and that we will truly give ourselves to servanthood by serving all and specially those who cannot give us anything in return!

Amen!

No comments: